Episode 6

Twinsburg - Episode 6


FADE IN:

INT. ROSEMARY’S PASTRY SHOP -- SATURDAY MORNING

Close up of a table with a cheese Danish and a glass of seltzer water. Pull back to show MEGAN, looking glum. TERRENCE enters and goes to the counter, where ROSEMARY is working.

CU -- MEGAN
ROSEMARY (O.S.)
Good morning, Doctor. What can I get you?

TERRENCE (O.S.)
Just a cup of coffee to go, thanks. Well, maybe I’ll take some of that coffee cake there.

ROSEMARY (O.S.)
Fresh out of the oven. There you go. Dollar twenty-five.

TERRENCE (O.S.)
Thank you.

ROSEMARY (O.S.)
Come again.

TERRENCE (O.S.)
It’s a shame for such a pretty girl to have such a sad face.

MEGAN
(looks up)
What?

TERRENCE
I said it’s a shame for such a pretty girl to have such a sad face.

MEGAN
(smiles weakly)
I’m sorry.
Terrence smiles at her, then exits. KIMMY enters and goes to the counter.
ROSEMARY
Am I glad to see you.

KIMMY
What’s up?

ROSEMARY
I’ve got this dinner at the Maple Lodge to cater tonight, and I’m just about out of my head. I was relying on Kent to help out this afternoon, but now he’s spending the day with that... that...

KIMMY
Janet.

ROSEMARY
Thank you. It’s just out of spite, you know that.

KIMMY
Because you threw her out.

ROSEMARY
What was I supposed to do? I don’t like the thought of them being alone together, and certainly not under my very own roof. And what is Aunt Elspeth supposed to think?

KIMMY
Well... But he’s still seeing her.

ROSEMARY
Well, I don’t see how I can stop him. He won’t listen to a word I say, and she’s got him wrapped around her little finger.

KIMMY
I just hope they don’t get into any... you know, trouble.

ROSEMARY
That’s what I’m afraid of. I have to get back to work. I’ve got so much to do, I’m going crazy.

KIMMY
I know what you mean.

ROSEMARY
Say, would you be able to--

KIMMY
Sorry, Rosemary, I’m afraid I’ve got something scheduled for this afternoon. Something I can’t miss.

ROSEMARY
What?

KIMMY
I’ll talk to you later.
Kimmy exits. The BOX LADY enters and sits down next to Megan. Megan looks at her with surprise.
MEGAN
Hello...?

BOX LADY
You have seen beyond your eyes. You have seen into the darkness. My box must tell you something.

MEGAN
Your box?

BOX LADY
It is this: Deliver the message. Do you understand?

MEGAN
Yes... As a matter of fact, I do.
CUT TO:
EXT. SHERIFF STATION -- MORNING

CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- INTERROGATION ROOM -- MORNING

ALBERT is seated. GALE and SHERIFF stand by the door. ZEKE shuffles around Albert, smelling him. Zeke stops, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath.
ZEKE
Llewellyn... is not here.

GALE
Damn!

ALBERT
Bob, would you mind telling me what’s going on here?

SHERIFF
Just relax, Albert.

GALE
You’re certain?

ZEKE
He has been near to this person. But he does not dwell here. There can be no mistake.

GALE
Bob...
Gale, Sheriff, and Zeke exit.

CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- BASEMENT HALLWAY -- MORNING

GALE and SHERIFF confer in the hallway outside the questioning room while ZEKE shuffles down the hall and exits.
GALE
Bob, I don’t think Albert is the killer.

SHERIFF
What?

GALE
You heard it from Gruffydd. He told us last night that Llewellyn is the killer, working through a human host. But he couldn’t sense Llewellyn in Albert. It can’t be him. We have to find out who Llewellyn is working through, then we’ll have our killer.

SHERIFF
Agent Gale, I’ve been willing to follow you on this crazy dream stuff so far, but we’ve got solid evidence against Albert. His fingerprints were all over that basement, including the murder weapons. Everything points to him as the murderer. I can’t just let him go on the say-so of a senile old man.

GALE
Sheriff, you’re absolutely right. This is your backyard and you’ve got to go with your instincts. Sometimes an outsider can forget that.
Gale walks off down the hall and exits. Sheriff leans against the wall.

CUT TO:
EXT. CITY PARK -- MORNING

NICHOLAS and PENNY are taking a walk.
PENNY
It’s such a beautiful day. The air is so crisp. I can’t believe that it was a week ago that we saw Millicent for the last time. So much has happened.

NICHOLAS
Yeah. We got into so much stuff because of her. And I don’t think we even really knew her. I’ve been wondering what kinds of secrets she had. Now we’ll never know.

PENNY
I loved her like she was my sister. But I don’t know that I’m sorry she’s gone. Isn’t that awful?

NICHOLAS
Awful? Nah. Loving her was a strain. She made it that way. Now, it’s natural to feel relief. I’m not sorry she’s gone, though. I think she was keeping us apart.

PENNY
Nicholas...

NICHOLAS
And when she died, it made me realize--

BRADLEY (O.S.)
Grey! I’ve been looking for you!

PENNY
Oh, no.
BRADLEY approaches.
NICHOLAS
What do you want?

BRADLEY
Hey, it’s cool. I realize we haven’t been on the best of terms, but I just want to talk. About Millicent.

NICHOLAS
Okay.

BRADLEY
Yeah, well, I heard about Cartwright getting busted for selling drugs, and that you guys were double-crossing him. What I mean is, is it true about Millicent? That she was selling, too?

NICHOLAS
Yeah.

BRADLEY
Yeah, you think you know somebody...

PENNY
I’m sorry, Bradley. It was hard on all of us.

NICHOLAS
I never really loved her, man. I was just trying to save her from Duane. And from herself. I guess I figured you two would just work it out eventually. I didn’t mean to give you any grief.

PENNY
Millicent really did care for you, Bradley. Please believe that. I think I knew her better than anyone. Better than she thought I did. She loved you, and that’s why she didn’t want you to know what she had gotten into.

BRADLEY
Yeah. Thanks. You know, Grey, maybe I was wrong about you. You’re all right.

NICHOLAS
Thanks, man.
LYNDON approaches.
LYNDON
Bradley, I saw you from the road.

BRADLEY
What’s the deal?

LYNDON
Agent Gale wants to talk to you right away. It’s important.
CU -- BRADLEY squints.

CUT TO:
INT. CARTWRIGHT HOME -- DEN -- MORNING

JANET is on the phone.
JANET
Hello, Kent, darling. Yes, I’m looking at an apartment right now. Oh, it’s very nice. As soon as I’m done here, I’ll pop round and pick you up. Then we’ll have all day together. Mmm, me too.
ALAN enters.
JANET
Love you. Bye.

ALAN
Who were you calling?

JANET
Oh, just my sister. She wants me to go shopping with her today.

ALAN
Of course you said no.

JANET
I’m sorry, dearest. I really must. But I’ll pick up a few items that you’ll like.

ALAN
Oh?

JANET
Something in black lace, for one. Maybe a little leather. Something naughty.

ALAN
I like your style.

JANET
Oh, Alan, I love you. I want to be with you. At your side. In your bed. Always...

ALAN
You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. And without question the best lover.

JANET
Alan, I want to be your wife.

ALAN
(parting from her)
Ah.

JANET
It’s been so long since your wife left you. You must get--

ALAN
Janet, we have the perfect relationship. Why spoil it?

JANET
But it would enrich our lives. The trust, the intimacy...

ALAN
The bother, the expense...

JANET
Alan, I want the special rewards that come from a loving marriage, and there’s no one I love as devotedly and passionately as I--

ALAN
Janet, I don’t think it would be a good idea. I’ve been married. I know the pain and the trouble it can be. And we’re so happy as we are now.

JANET
Alan, do you remember when we first met, and the affair we had before I left Twinsburg?

ALAN
How could I forget? I still have all your letters in my safe.

JANET
Well, something more came out of that affair than love letters.

ALAN
What are you saying?

JANET
I had a child, Alan. Your son.

ALAN
What?

JANET
Yes, he’s in England at this very moment. He’s older than Duane, you know. By more than a year. Your first-born son. And far from being a delinquent, he’s in one of England’s finer public schools.

ALAN
How did you manage that? No, don’t answer.

JANET
He’s a model citizen, and one shrewd businessman. You’d like him.

ALAN
Assuming this is true--

JANET
Oh, it’s true. But I swear to you, Alan, you’ll never meet him unless we are married.

ALAN
I see. So you’ll use our son to blackmail me.

JANET
No, no, no, Alan, no. You don’t understand. I don’t want him to get hurt. I haven’t told him about you. It’s so perfect, Alan. I’m just trying to keep you from making the wrong choice.
CU -- ALAN squints.

CUT TO:
EXT. SHERIFF STATION -- MORNING

CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- LOBBY -- MORNING

LYNDON enters with BRADLEY. They are met by SHERIFF.
SHERIFF
Hello, Bradley. Have a seat.

BRADLEY
Fine.
Bradley sits.
LYNDON
I’m going to go home and get ready for my mother coming over. We’re going to Leigh’s this evening, to sort through her things.

SHERIFF
Sure thing, Lyndon. Thanks for coming in this morning. How is your mother holding up?

LYNDON
She took the news pretty hard. But Abigail was a big help. She’s helping me make dinner tonight, too. I’m not much of a cook.

SHERIFF
That’s great, Lyndon. I’ll see you, then.

LYNDON
Bye.
GALE comes out of the conference room as Lyndon exits.
GALE
Bradley, good to see you. Let’s talk.
CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- CONFERENCE ROOM -- MORNING

BRADLEY is seated at the table. SHERIFF stands by the window. GALE produces Millicent’s diary and drops it on the table.
GALE
You know what this is?

BRADLEY
A diary.

GALE
That’s right. Bradley, I think it’s time you told us the truth about what happened between you and Millicent last Saturday night.

BRADLEY
All right. But it wasn’t anything new. Not really. Millicent talked all the time about wanting us to blow this town and elope. I didn’t think it was such a hot idea, naturally.

GALE
You believe in the benefits of a good education?

BRADLEY
I don’t want to end up in some crap job like my old man. So, I’d talk her out of it. But she’d always bring it up again. She thought it would be exciting or dangerous or something. Anyway, that was before she started seeing Nicholas Grey. That really ticked me off. And she really knew how to work it, you know? Anyway, after the dance, we went to the park. She liked making out in the gazebo there.

GALE
But she had other things on her mind, didn’t she?

BRADLEY
She told me she was leaving town the next morning, with or without me. This time, I knew she meant it. She had eyes like an animal on the run. Something spooked her seriously. I tried to calm her down, but she told me that if I didn’t come, she’d take Nicholas instead. Boy, I almost blew up, but I told her I’d do it. I thought I could come up with something once we were on the road and she had a chance to chill out. I was supposed to pick her up for church in the morning, and we’d just take off. But, of course...

SHERIFF
Bradley, why didn’t you just tell us all this in the first place?

BRADLEY
Hey, man, I loved her. I didn’t think it would be right. Don’t rag on the dead, you know. But when I found out she was selling drugs, man, I don’t know what’s right anymore.

GALE
Thank you, Bradley. Your honesty has been helpful.
CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- LOBBY -- MORNING

GALE, SHERIFF, and BRADLEY come out of the conference room. MEGAN enters.
BRADLEY
Megan.

MEGAN
Oh, hello, Bradley. What are you doing here?

BRADLEY
What are you doing here?

MEGAN
I need to talk to Agent Gale.

GALE
Can I help you?

MEGAN
I need to tell you about my dream.
CU -- GALE squints.

CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- CONFERENCE ROOM -- MORNING

MEGAN is seated at the table. GALE pours himself a cup of coffee.
MEGAN
I feel a little silly. I mean, I wouldn’t normally bother you with it. After all, how important could a dream be, no matter how disturbing it was?

GALE
Don’t discount the importance of dreams, Megan. Sometimes they reveal things we are not otherwise aware of.

MEGAN
Right, well, I was at Rosemary’s this morning, when this weird lady came in with a ratty old cardboard box. She told me to deliver the message, so here I am. I mean, it was just too creepy.

GALE
Megan, this could be very important. Tell me everything that you can remember.

MEGAN
Okay. I saw Millicent, and she was wearing a formal gown, like she’d wear at the school dance. Only, she was in the woods, and running. She was being chased by something, a huge shadow. And wherever the shadow would fall across her, it drew blood. But she kept running. Then, she came up to this enormous stone wall. I mean, it stretched forever in all directions. The shadow came up to her and turned into a person.

GALE
Who? Were you able to recognize them?

MEGAN
No, it was weird. It was like it was a man and a woman at the same time. Anyway, he, she, or it -- whatever it was -- was dark and evil, and it tried to get inside Millicent, but she wouldn’t let it in. Then, it just grabbed her and ripped her apart. It was awful.

GALE
Megan, thank you for sharing that with me.
Megan tries to get a hold of herself. Gale takes a sip of coffee and squints.

CUT TO:
INT. DANI’S HOME -- SATURDAY NOON

PATRICK opens the front door to reveal KIMMY. She enters.
PATRICK
Good, you’re on time. Dani’s out shopping.

KIMMY
Look, let’s just get this over with.

PATRICK
Relax.
Patrick takes a packet of maps and instructions that is rubber-banded together out from behind a row of compact discs in a shelving unit and hands them to Kimmy.
PATRICK
Everything you need is in here. This time, check the map before you leave, so you don’t get lost again.

KIMMY
All right. It’s just that I get nervous, okay?

PATRICK
Well, just remember that it’s for Elliott’s own good.

KIMMY
You leave Elliott alone. Just leave him alone.

PATRICK
Hey, big sister, that depends on you.
Kimmy shudders.

CUT TO:
EXT. SHERIFF STATION -- NOON

CUT TO:
INT. JAIL -- NOON

DUANE is in his cell. NICHOLAS enters the hallway and approaches.
DUANE
What the hell’s going on, man? How did you get out of it? You’re just as guilty as me, you and that little slut Penny.

NICHOLAS
Just shut up, man. We told the truth, that’s all. We were never in it like you. We were gathering evidence against you in order to help out Millicent.

DUANE
Is that so? You double-crossing bastard! A lot of good your little plan did her, huh? She’s six feet under, dead and cold. And that’s how you’re gonna be!

NICHOLAS
We’re gonna make sure they put you away for a real long time.

DUANE
You made a big mistake, Grey, when you decided to mess with me. Why’d you do it, man? For love? Penny make you do it? You love her enough to get killed for her?

NICHOLAS
I’m not afraid of you. And not even your rich dad will be able to pull enough strings to get you out of this one.

DUANE
Shut up, you bastard. I don’t need my rich dad, anyway. I’ve got something the cops want -- information. And I know how to use it. I’m getting out of here, Nicholas, and you’re gonna have to watch your back from now on!
CU -- NICHOLAS squints.

CUT TO:
INT. TWINSBURG HOSPITAL -- SATURDAY AFTERNOON

GALE and SHERIFF meet TERRENCE in the hall outside of Tuppence’s room. 1ST DEPUTY is sitting on a chair just outside the door.
GALE
Doctor Terrence.

SHERIFF
How is she?

TERRENCE
Well, she’s awake, but she’s not what you’d call coherent. The drug is some weird combo. I’ve never seen anything like it. We’re running further tests, and I’ll let you know.

GALE
Thank you, Doctor.
They enter the room. TUPPENCE is lying in bed. Gale sits next to her.
GALE
Mrs. Collins, can you hear me? I need to ask you some questions. Can you tell me who chained you up?

TUPPENCE
(delirious)
He’s coming back for me. He’s coming! Please, you’ve got to protect me. Please, don’t let him get me.

GALE
Was it Albert? Mrs. Collins, was it your husband?

TUPPENCE
He’s after me! He’s coming for me!

SHERIFF
Don’t worry, ma’am. Albert’s safely under lock and key.

TUPPENCE
He’s coming. The walls don’t stop him. He’s coming back!

TERRENCE
It’s all right. It’s all right. I’m going to give her a sedative.

GALE
Very well. I don’t think she’ll be much help to us.
Gale and Sheriff exit.

CUT TO:
INT. THOMAS HOME -- AFTERNOON

The phone rings. MEGAN answers it.
MEGAN
Hello? Oh, hello, James.
INTERCUT -- MEGAN at her home and JAMES at his home as they talk on the phone.
JAMES
Listen, I wanted to apologize for last night. I said some pretty crazy things. I guess I wasn’t myself.

MEGAN
That’s for sure. You scared me. I’m sorry I got so upset.

JAMES
No, it’s my fault. Can we talk? I mean, face to face? Megan, I really do care for you, and I don’t want to lose your friendship.

MEGAN
I care about you, too, James. Really, I do. I want to talk about this. We don’t need to let it come between us.

JAMES
No, we really don’t. Listen, um, why don’t we go for a stroll in the woods? There’s some really nice paths around here, and it’s peaceful. We can talk freely. Great. Okay, I’ll see you soon, then. Bye.
James hangs up, then chews on his lower lip and squints.

CUT TO:
EXT. SHERIFF’S CAR -- AFTERNOON

GALE and SHERIFF drive down the long driveway from the hospital. The driveway is lined with maple trees.
GALE
(looking out the windshield)
Maple trees...

SHERIFF
It must have been horrible for Tuppence to have to live with someone as twisted as Albert. What he must have put her through...

GALE
I’m not so sure.

SHERIFF
What do you mean? That business about Llewellyn?

GALE
Sheriff, after our disagreement this morning, I did a little checking up on Albert’s activities lately.

SHERIFF
Oh?

GALE
First, I determined that the Feast of the Leviathan that Professor Saltares spoke of began on the third Sunday of last month. This means Millicent’s initiation took place during the second week of January, three nights of which the moon was full.

SHERIFF
Okay.

GALE
However, Albert was apparently on a business trip that entire week with Alan Cartwright in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

SHERIFF
That’s right. I remember now. But that means that he couldn’t be the cult leader after all.

GALE
Precisely what I first suspected when Gruffydd could not identify him.

SHERIFF
Right. I guess I owe you an apology.

GALE
Forget it, Bob. I realize my methods in this case have been somewhat unorthodox.

SHERIFF
You can say that again. But where do we go from here?

GALE
I think we should release Professor Saltares and keep him under surveillance. I have a feeling he may lead us straight to the cult leader, whomever that may be.

SHERIFF
All right. But I think I’ll keep Albert in a little while longer, just to be on the safe side.
CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS -- AFTERNOON

JAMES is waiting at a picnic table near a path leading into the woods. MEGAN approaches.
MEGAN
Hi.

JAMES
Thanks for coming.

MEGAN
Sure.

JAMES
Shall we?
They walk down the path together into the woods.

CUT TO:
LONG PAN OF VALLEY

CUT TO:
INT. LEIGH’S APARTMENT -- AFTERNOON

ABIGAIL is in the kitchen making dinner. LYNDON enters.
ABIGAIL
How is your mother doing?

LYNDON
Some birthday. We should have been celebrating with Leigh, not going through her things and trying to decide about, you know, arrangements.

ABIGAIL
It must be so hard on her, first losing her husband, and now her daughter...

LYNDON
I’m all she has left.

ABIGAIL
I’m glad I could help out, Lyndon.

LYNDON
Oh, you’ve done a swell job, Abigail. I don’t know what I would have done without you.

ABIGAIL
You don’t need to...

LYNDON
Abigail...
They kiss.

CUT TO:
EXT. TWINSBURG HOSPITAL -- SATURDAY EVENING

CUT TO:
INT. HOSPITAL HALLWAY -- EVENING

TERRENCE comes around a corner to find 1ST DEPUTY outside Tuppence’s room slumped over, unconscious.
TERRENCE
What the devil--?
He enters Tuppence’s room, but the bed is empty. She is gone.

CU -- TERRENCE is alarmed.

CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS -- EVENING

The path James and Megan walked down.

CUT TO:
INT. SALTARES’ OFFICE -- EVENING

The phone rings. SALTARES answers it.
SALTARES
Gabriel Saltares. Oh. Yes, I understand.
He opens his desk drawer and takes out a large, ornate dagger. As he hangs up the phone, Saltares looks at the dagger and squints.

CUT TO:
EXT. SKY -- EVENING

The sliver of a crescent moon goes behind a cloud.

CUT TO:
INT. THOMAS HOME -- EVENING

In his bedroom, BRADLEY hears the door to Megan’s bedroom close. He walks down the hall and hears her sobbing within. He goes into her room. MEGAN is lying on her bed, her face buried in her pillow.
BRADLEY
Hey, what’s wrong?
He sits down by her, but she does not answer. He notices that her shirt is torn.
BRADLEY
Megan--
She sits up and he sees that her lipstick is smeared across her face.
MEGAN
James--

BRADLEY
What did he do to you? Tell me what he did!
She cries uncontrollably, and Bradley embraces her.
BRADLEY
It’s going to be okay.
As Megan sobs, Bradley holds her, squinting.

CUT TO:
EXT. COUNTRYSIDE -- EVENING

A line of high-voltage transmission towers recedes into the distance.

CUT TO:
EXT. SHERIFF STATION -- SATURDAY NIGHT

CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- INTERROGATION ROOM -- NIGHT

ALBERT is seated at the table. GALE and SHERIFF stand.
SHERIFF
All right, Albert. I want you to tell us what’s going on.

ALBERT
Yes. Yes. I was trying to keep things from getting worse. But it was too late...

GALE
I think you’d better start at the beginning.

ALBERT
Yes. I’m sorry. I just need to collect my thoughts. Everything seems to be spinning. It’s all moving so fast...

SHERIFF
Just take it easy and tell us from the beginning. No hurry.

ALBERT
Right. Yes. It’s Tuppence. Bob, Agent Gale, she’s not well. She suffers from periodic bouts of insanity. It’s been going on ever since we went on a camping trip deep into Shadygrove woods...

GALE
When was that?

ALBERT
It must have been about ten years ago. Seems like a lifetime ago.

SHERIFF
What sort of insanity?

ALBERT
It mostly affects her during full moons. She’d just lose control of herself, even becoming violent. She’d run off into the woods for days at a time. When the full moon ended, she’d come back.

GALE
Lycanthropy.

ALBERT
I did what I could for Millicent. I tried to keep her from knowing what was really going on, but she knew something was wrong. She knew. Tuppence began doing... things during her fits. Horrible things. So, I started keeping her in the basement. But she’d escape, so I had to chain her to the wall. And when she got too strong for even that, I had to drug her. But it didn’t always work. Eventually, Millicent snuck into the basement when Tuppence was down there. Well, what was she supposed to think, poor girl? She released Tuppence, you see, but she attacked Millicent and beat her up. After that, our marriage just seemed to disintegrate. Tuppence wasn’t the same, even when she was in control.

SHERIFF
But you couldn’t get custody, even after all that?

ALBERT
I didn’t have any proof. And I didn’t want to make Tuppence out to be some kind of monster. She’s just sick, she needs help. And I still love her.

GALE
Albert, what happened on Thursday night?

ALBERT
With all that’s happened, I was afraid that Tuppence was completely out of control. I went over to find her, but she was gone. There was a car in the driveway, though, that I didn’t recognize. It must have belonged to that poor girl, Leigh. I spent the night searching all over for Tuppence, and I finally caught her coming out of the woods just before dawn. I gave her the drug and chained her in the basement. I didn’t know what else to do.

SHERIFF
All right, Albert.

2ND DEPUTY (V.O.)
(on the intercom)
Sheriff, you have an urgent call from Doctor Terrence. Line one.

SHERIFF
Come on, Albert.
CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- BASEMENT HALLWAY -- NIGHT

GALE and SHERIFF come into the hall. 3RD DEPUTY takes ALBERT to his cell. Sheriff picks up a phone on the wall.
SHERIFF
Doctor Terrence. What? When? We’ll get right on it!
He hangs up.
GALE
What is it?

SHERIFF
Tuppence has disappeared from the hospital.

GALE
Damn! Bob, we’ve got to get moving!
CUT TO:
INT. SHERIFF STATION -- LOBBY -- NIGHT

GALE and SHERIFF enter and are met by 4TH DEPUTY, rubbing his injured neck.
SHERIFF
What happened to you?

4TH DEPUTY
He got the jump on me, sir. I never even saw him. He took the two murder weapons. They’re gone.

SHERIFF
Damn it! Let me see!
Sheriff and 4th Deputy exit. NICHOLAS enters, distraught.
NICHOLAS
Agent Gale! Penny’s disappeared!
CU -- GALE squints.

CUT TO:
EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD STREET -- NIGHT

JAMES is riding his bicycle when a car drives by and runs him off the road, sending him into a ditch. The car stops and BRADLEY gets out.
BRADLEY
There you are, you little scumbag! I was hoping I’d find you! I told you what would happen if you hurt my sister, you little bastard!

JAMES
You’ve got it all wrong--!

BRADLEY
Shut up!
Bradley grabs James and knees him in the stomach, then knocks him down again. Bradley beats on James and kicks him savagely. He beats James into unconsciousness.
BRADLEY
Filthy dirtbag bastard!
Bradley gets back in his car and drives off, leaving James lying in the ditch.

CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS -- NIGHT

GALE and SHERIFF race through the woods, their flashlight beams darting among the barren trees.
GALE
I should have seen it sooner! We’ve got to get to the site of the cult ritual, and fast!

SHERIFF
I’m totally confused!

GALE
Well, this is the moment of truth.
They arrive at the rock formation. SALTARES, dressed in a brown hooded robe, is lying on the sacrificial stone. Behind him stands the CULT LEADER, dressed in a robe and ritual armor with a facemask. The Cult Leader is holding the ornate dagger up, about to sacrifice Saltares.
CULT LEADER
Harmony must be restored to the circle. The Lady of Night thirsts for your blood. It shall flow from your mouth, as your secrets have before it. Prepare to die, brother. The way is clear!
Sheriff draws his gun and fires. The Cult Leader, hit in the shoulder, recoils and drops the dagger.
SHERIFF
Freeze!
Gale picks up the dagger, but Saltares lunges at him and pushes him down. Gale drops the dagger.
SALTARES
Unbeliever! You dare to interfere with our sacred rite?
Saltares attacks the Sheriff. They wrestle. The Cult Leader picks up the dagger and attacks Gale. They struggle. Gale pulls off the Cult Leader’s facemask. It is TUPPENCE.

CU -- GALE is shocked.

BACK TO SHOT
TUPPENCE
I’ll scratch you with the poison claws! Dance upon my name!
Tuppence stabs Gale in the stomach with the dagger. Gale collapses to the ground. Sheriff punches out Saltares and sees Tuppence.
TUPPENCE
Crush your bones within my jaws! Dance within the flame!
Tuppence runs off into the woods. Sheriff runs up to Gale, who passes out, blood seeping into his shirt from his stab wound.

FADE OUT



Cast of Characters


Special Agent Martin Gale, 34. FBI agent.
Sheriff Robert Armstrong, 36. Sheriff of Twinsburg.

Megan Thomas, 16. High school sophomore.
Bradley Thomas, 18. High school senior, Megan’s brother.
Alan Cartwright, 50. Real estate developer, mall owner.
Penny Gardner, 17. High school senior.
Duane Cartwright, 18. High school senior, Alan’s son.
Lyle Terrence, 62. Local doctor.
Rosemary Clapsaddle, 40. Owns pastry shop/catering service.
Nicholas Grey, 17. High school senior.
Tuppence Collins, 46. Librarian.
Janet Flynn, 39. Twinsburg native returned from England.

James Clapsaddle, 18. High school senior, Rosemary’s brother.
Lyndon Pfiffer, 26. Deputy.
Gabriel Saltares, 44. College professor.
Albert Collins, 48. Lawyer.
Abigail Voigt, 24. Sheriff’s secretary.
Patrick Clapsaddle, 33. Brother of Rosemary.
Box Lady, 53. Local eccentric.
Kimmy Clapsaddle, 38. Sister of Rosemary.
Zeke Chomski, 68. Mailman.

Deputies


Next Episode